No products in the cart.
Follow this foolproof formula to make your own salad dressings (which can also be used to marinate meats or fish).
- Take 1 Tbsp oil/fat – good choices here are olive oil or avocado oil, nut or seed butters, mayo or smashed avocado also work for creamy versions
- Add 1 tsp vinegar/acid – whether is is sherry, red wine, balsamic, or white, lemon/lime juice
- Add 1/2 tsp of sweetness in the form of honey, your favourite jam, or maple syrup (I also use a few drops of stevia glycerite for a low carb option)
- Add 1/2 tsp of mustard – regular or Dijon (optional)
- Add 2 pinches of herbs – dill, rosemary, thyme, oregano, cumin
- Add 1 pinch of seasoning – salt, pepper, garlic powder or paprika
Shake in mason jar and pour over salad – easy peasy!
Here are a few of my favourite combos:
- My classic go to: Olive oil + Balsamic vinegar+maple syrup + Dijon mustard with salt and pepper
- Homemade Italian – Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, onion powder and italian seasoning
- Asian sesame – peanut oil (2 tsp of olive oil also works with 1 tsp of sesame oil), rice wine vinegar, scallions, grated ginger and a splash of tamari
- Tahini lemon – tahini, lemon juice, crushed garlic and miso paste/sriracha sauce (depending on your taste)
- Cashew Balsamic -1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil, 1 tspbalsamic vinegar, 1 Tsp soy sauce, 10 whole salted cashews, 1 Tbsp water, blend and enjoy.