No products in the cart.
|Gluten-free, Grain-free, Dairy-Free, with a Sugar-free option and downright delicious!|
It’s the season for all things pumpkin spice and historically, one of my guilty pleasures are the limited time Pumpkin Spice Muffins from the popular Canadian coffee chain – you know the one 😉
I would occasionally indulge, all the while, berate myself for knowingly consuming the empty calories and ingredients like white flour, white sugar and hydrogenated seed oils and/or margarine.
Here’s a nutrient dense copycat recipe that captures the flavor, without any of the guilt. They make for an easy great grab-n-go breakfast option or addition to any lunchbox!
Ingredients – for 12 muffins:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (either homemade or store bought, NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup almond butter (I have not yet tried sunflower seed butter, but may be a suitable substitute for nut-free)
- 2/3 cup honey or maple syrup or sugar (option: xylitol for sugar-free and low carb)
- 4 eggs (or 2 whole eggs and 1/4 cup egg whites)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom (this is optional, I love cardamom, so I use a full 1/2 tsp from freshly ground pods)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vinegar (I use apple cider, can use white)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients together with a whisk
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Place a toothpick in the center to check for doneness.